Wednesday, March 13, 2013

To Swim or Not to Swim

On our first extended trip to WDW, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (and have ever since.). They have a pretty neat pool.  Actually, all the Disney hotel pools are neat.  They are an attraction in and of themselves.  However, on that first trip, we had spent all this money on park tickets that I didn't want to "waste" time at the pool.  We did anyway.  My girls love the pool.  Any pool really, but this one had water falls and a water slide.  And it was at Disney.  Who can argue? 

Even though we did swim a little, I kept telling the girls that one trip we would come and stay at a Disney hotel and just swim.  No parks, just pool time.  Maybe a water park. 

Well, that trip was about 3 years ago.

Last summer, we did it.  We returned to "our" hotel with the express purpose of just swimming.  It was nice.  We did go to Typhoon Lagoon.  They loved that.  But my hus and I really loved just chillin by the pool.  Not feeling like we had to rush off somewhere to be sure we got our money's worth. 
There is so much to do at Disney without going into a park and the pool is at the top of our list.  I'd like to do that again sometime.  It was fun.  We were at Disney. 

These pictures are from that first extended Disney trip, 3 years ago, the one where I didn't want to spend time swimming but did anyway. 

My now 5 year old, then only 2 (but almost 3). 

My then 5 year old (now almost 8).  We were at Disney to celebrate her 5th birthday.  She turned 5 on 5/05.

My then 7 now 10 year old going down the water slide at the pool at Port Orleans Riverside hotel.  Look how cute she was complete with goggles!  Gotta have the goggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment